At least, that's just me.
Now, I may not be as active on here as I once was, but I still do get excited about the movies around this time of year. I still have oodles of films to see, and that's why I want to share my list of the most anticipated, as well as the titles I'm apprehensive about, and the ones I'm outright dreading.
SIGN ME UP
(i.e. I'm going because...)
1. Milk - Two words: Van Sant.
2. The Wrestler - Aronofsky intriguing, maturing.
3. Il y a long temps que je t'aime - High brow angst.
4. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button - Fincher's opus.
5. Synecdoche, New York - Kaufman. After The Savages, PSH = a favourite.
6. Waltz with Bashir - The Persepolis of the year?
7. The Reader - Love the book; high expectations.
8. Doubt - I'm going to watch Ms. Davis; Streep a happy side attraction.
9. The Class - Dangerous territory, but I'm hopeful. Plus, as a teacher...
10. A Christmas Tale - Desplechin; interested to see his next.
I LIKED YOU UNTIL I SAW YOUR TRAILER
Revolutionary Road - I'm going for Shannon.
Australia - Kidman = robot; Jackman = porn.
Valkyrie - Does anyone even know what to think about this project anymore?
Quantum of Solace - Was on-board until the deadly word-of-mouth.
Yes Man - Carrey doing comedy, but Peyton Reed! And that supporting cast!
DRAGGED KICKING AND SCREAMING
Gran Torino - See Clint glower and snarl and grrrr.
Frost/Nixon - Garish aesthetic; Langella loud.
Defiance - Zwick makes me sick.
The Day the Earth Stood Still - You lost me at "Keanu Reeves plays an alien..."
YOU WILL HAVE TO PROP UP MY CORPSE
Marley & Me - No, not me.
Four Christmases - One is plenty, thanks.
Seven Pounds - See Smith suffer with dignity part 2